Saturday 6 October 2012

Be prepared

I cleaned my Brompton today and, in preparation for the Winter, I replaced the deadly Schwalbe Marathon rear tyre. Putting the 16" tyre onto the rim isn't easy and metal tyre levers are essential.

The Lezyne Saber Levers are superb for the job and, combined with having a 15mm wrench, they are ideal for the Brompton.  I always carry them when I commute on the Brompton.

 
I made the decision to try out a new tyre brand and snapped up a Panaracer Crosstown at a discounted price of £15.99
 
The tyre has the reflective sidewall, a decent tread pattern and claims to be puncture resistant.  It is still heavy at 400g, so not ideal for racing.
 
 
The maximum tyre pressure is 65PSI and I have inflated it initially to this.  Let's see whether it grips in the wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment