Friday 27 January 2012

Patina

44 miles on the commuting bike this week with a new wheel, tyre and sprockets fitted.

I try to look after my bicycles and keep them well maintained and looking new, unless of course they look better when showing signs of use...like my Brooks honey coloured saddle

The Brooks Flyer Special was the best modification to the bike as my journey takes me over the Docklands' cobbled streets and the extra height of the saddle combined with the optional longer seatpost fit me perfectly. I think the saddle can be described as broken-in and the honey coloured leather is now showing a bit of wear or patina.

The rest of the bike is beginning to reflect its' hard use over the last 19 months.  The new rear tyre is the third, it is on the second chain (a Wipperman), the original pedals have been replaced and the mudguards are cracked.  It also needs the pivot bushes replaced and probably a new headset and bottom bracket.

No comments:

Post a Comment