Thursday 3 May 2012

T-rain harder

6 weeks to go before l'Ardechoise and I'm trying to get as many training miles in as possible.

The weather isn't helping though and today's lunchtime road ride was in the rain and through flooded roads.  But it has to be done and even the Pro's suffer too, as evidenced by this photo of Cav



My Basso is fairing well in the weather although I have had two component/accessories failures.  My Crud Roadracer rear mudguard broke beyond repair and my rear Blackburn Mars light doesn't click off anymore.  I have bought a replacement Roadracer mudguard, this time a mk2, but I'm unsure whether to buy the same light again. 

As I seem to be getting dropped on the hills more frequently, I'm going to need a Lantern Rouge. Any suggestions on something more robust?

2 comments:

  1. I've got a few Raleigh RSP Astrum rear lights. They are cheap, robust and super bright. The only downside I can find is that they are a bit loose in the bracket. I've had one fall off once but it didn't break. Since then I've wrapped some tape round it to help secure it better.

    http://www.raleigh.co.uk/PRODUCTTYPE/ProductRange/Product/Default.aspx?pc=2&pt=117&pg=4725

    Can usually pick one up for around £16 on eBay so worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation Tom. I'll take a look.

    I also received a suggestion to wait until the new Lezyne Femto lights become available in July. The lights look good but I'm not sure how long the elastic band will last - http://road.cc/content/news/56957-sneak-peek-lezyne-femto-drive-leds

    ReplyDelete