Sunday 3 June 2012

Jubilee

The Ardechoise is only a few weeks away now so should I be tapering, carb-loading, hydrating, getting a massage or what?  I have decided to just keep calm and carry on with my normal routine.

Today I put on my union flag cap, race cape, leg warmers and was out on the wet roads at 6:30am.  I cycled out into the Easterly headwind and found my way to Buntingford before turning for home.

On the way back I passed through the village of Southill where the residents had really made an effort for the Queen's 60th Jubilee.  The tea shop and many of the houses had created scarecrows dressed for the occasion.


I completed over 70 miles today. It was my intention to do more and my legs felt good but I punctured close to home and decided to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment