Saturday 23 March 2013

It's not unusual.

The now snow white-haired, distinguished looking Tom Jones brought out this record in the mid-sixties and in the same era I was born on a snowy Easter Sunday.

 (spray tan oran)
 
Snow around this time of year is not unusual but it is unexpected and has resulted in the cancellation of today's road race and the deferment of tomorrow's charity cycle sportive that my son and I were planning to ride.
 
It is frustrating because my son and I have been training, even braving the wet and cold weather last weekend to complete my 17 mile Long Lane route.  I also put in a training ride mid-week in an effort to remain competitive for today's planned road race, especially since Strava revealed that my fellow racers were on a Mallorca training camp during the week.
 
At least the organisers were courteous enough to alert me to the cancellation of the weekend's events. I jokingly suggested that today's road race be altered to be an hour long coach ride after the sign on, with just a quick 5-lap race similar to this year's Milan-San Remo, Primavera race.

No comments:

Post a Comment