Monday 2 July 2012

"Welcome to the fold"



I joined the very welcoming London Brompton Club on Facebook.  The club members are great and have already been able to offer me advice and I have tried to share my own experiences.  The members are also arranging group pedals and meet-ups at other events.

My own Brompton continues to be bearing up to the punishing daily commute over the cobbles of Wapping and in the occasional races.  It is now approaching 2 years old and has covered approximately 3,500 miles.

  • It is still on the original front tyre, but is on the third rear
  • It is on the 2nd rear wheel
  • I have replaced the chain and sprockets four times
  • I'm on the 3rd set of brake pads
  • The brake cables have been replaced
  • The lower stop disc has just been replaced
  • The rear hinge has been overhauled
  • Both pedals have been changed to another folding variety

No comments:

Post a Comment