Wednesday 12 June 2013

Time out




 
I have had a few weeks of rest due to a bad back. I had a muscle twinge, I think, from carrying my Brompton up and down the stairs at the local train station one morning and as a result my training and road racing has been put on hold.
 
I did manage to do a club ride from London in an effort to meet some of the other members and I also showed another club member around the nearby road circuit for a forthcoming road race that we have both registered for, but the most significant ride in the last two weeks has been the IG Nocturne, Time Out sponsored Folding Bike Race.
 
It was a great day out for my family; we met lots of people and had a superb time.  My family created my jacket, tie and a poster but sadly I didn't win the Best Dressed Racer. However I didn't digrace myself in the race (despite the reduced training) and I qualified 5th in my heat and finished 12th overall in the final with an awesome sprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment