Sunday 25 March 2012

Build on the miles

I rode to Cambridge today!

Here's the Basso in the King's college cycle rack...


















I have been riding 100km most weekends (Man Flu week excepted) and my average speed has been increasing so I decided to start extending the mileage. Today's circuitous return route was over 85 miles and the Basso with newly fitted handlebar stem was as comfortable to ride as can be.

On past 100km rides I have just carried 1.5litres of plain water and generally begin to feel the bonk at 45miles.  Today I carried a further 0.5litre in my jersey pocket and I added SIS' PSP22 to one of the bike bottles.  Combined with 2 small bird seed bars, I was able to finish still feeling reasonably strong.

Statistics for the week:
Total miles 150.
Weight loss 1lb (must try harder)

12 weeks to go before l'Ardechoise!

No comments:

Post a Comment